What’s the point of this Privacy Notice?
What personal or other data do we collect?
- We collect and store the information which you give us via forms on our website or apps – such as your name, address, email address, phone number (“contact data”) – or when communicating with us by email, or in some other way.
- We also collect and store your IP address (“customer behaviour data”) to improve your browsing experience.
We may collect this personally identifiable information when you use our website. We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs and in order to use services like Google Analytics and Facebook Advertising.
How do we use your personal data?
We use ‘contact data’ to send you marketing emails, newsletters, with details of our services which may be of interest to you, including information about special offers or promotions, prospective or ongoing projects.
We only use your personal data with your permission. The way in which we use your data will be clearly defined when you share it with us. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
We have never and will never sell or rent your personal data to a third party for any purposes, subject to one important exception: in some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
We will only ever send personally identifiable information about to you other companies when:
- When we have your consent to share the information, for example when we work with a contractor on your project.
- When we need to share your information to provide a product or service you have requested, for example, to use analytics software relating to your project.
- When we respond to court orders or legal processes.
- We find that your actions on our website or by any other communication violate our Terms and Conditions or any of our usage guidelines for specific products of services. For example, when we need to pass your details onto our lawyer.
How long we keep information?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept): 26 months.
How can you remove your data from our records?
We will never use your data without your permission, and you are always able to control how we use your data.
- We will always ask for your permission to join our newsletter, for example when you use our contact form.
- There will always be an unsubscribe link in our newsletters, which will instantly unsubscribe you from further communications. Your data is still stored (but not used) in our Mailchimp database, to ensure we do not email you in the future.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for marketing purposes you can contact us to change this. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your data to be removed from our databases.
How to access and control your information?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email at email@example.com.
We will respond to your subject access request within not more than two weeks of receiving it. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of one month from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
Cookies set by this website
We set cookies on your computer and we may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. These cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. This data does not identify any personal details about you whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can be done by activating the Reject cookies’ setting on your computer browser.
If you do allow cookies to be used, the following 3rd party cookies will be set in your browser and related data will be stored by Google Analytics:
- Cookie Name: _ga, Duration: 24 months, Purpose: Visitor identification
- Cookie Name: _gid, Duration: 24 hours, Purpose: User journey
- Cookie Name: _gat, Duration: 10 minutes, Purpose: Throttling request rate
If you have any questions about your data please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.